Simple Health Tips for Senior Citizens
Most of the Senior citizens believe that when they attain this status, they have nothing further to do. They feel that they are relieved of all their commitments. and life after 65 is a period for them to relax. They restrict their life routine to mere morning or evening walks, some readings, watching television and such trivial things and spend more time for sleeping. But knowingly or unknowingly they are spoiling their health. They start to develop all sorts of ailments and gradually life becomes miserable. Here are some simple, easy to do tips for them to practice and bring remarkable changes in their lives. These are the tips which have proved to be effective in the life of so many. http://www.medicareadvantageplans2020.org
- Have some pets in your household, such as aquarium fishes, love birds, or a lovely cat or dog. Feeding and taking care of them can have wonderful impact in your life as a senior citizen.
- Maintain a small garden in your house, and every day spend some time morning and evening in your garden, nurturing the garden plants, watching them growing and flowering, and you will really enjoy the feel, which mere words cannot express.
- Start loving music, Listen to music and sing along, alone, this will fill your heart with a divine peace and serenity.
- Never have a feeling that you are ignored or being not taken care of as you expect. Try to be practical and adjustable to the changing society and attitudes. Maintain healthy relationships with family members and with those you come in to contact.
- Spend more time with your grand -children, and enjoy the warmth and ambience of their love and affection.
- Try to do your daily personal tasks yourself, as long as your health permits, which gives you more confidence and self- respect and also helps in a long way in your life ahead.
- Go for periodic outings with your spouse, children and enjoy the trip.
- Do not is too adamant, be flexible in your decision making, which will make life easy going and free of constrains.
- Keep your mind free from all sorts of egos and pre conceived notions, and always practice to be considerate and communicative.
- Devote more time for religious activities and other social obligations.
As Mark Twain commented:- ” Age is an issue of mind over matter, if you don’t mind it doesn’t matter”